Tex-Mex Squash Casserole
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 lbs. zucchini squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13” baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the squash, season with salt and pepper, and cook until squash is slightly tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the tomatoes, chiles, mayonnaise, sour cream, cumin, garlic, and one cup of the grated cheese. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Combine the remaining 1 cup of cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the squash mixture.
- Bake until the casserole is bubbly around the edges, about 30 minutes.