Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- 4 boneless. skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the mayonnaise
- sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Combine the breadcrumbs, flour, and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron or other oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat. Pour the marinara sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, and arrange the mozzarella slices evenly over the top.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake at 425°F for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Top with basil leaves before serving.