Peach Crumb Cake
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup Duke's Real Mayonnaise
- 1¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- 5 peaches, peeled, pits removed, and each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup melted butter, cooled
Crumb Topping Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 21/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together Duke’s Mayonnaise, granulated sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and beat on low until combined.
- While beating on low, add half the flour mixture to the large bowl, then half the milk, then the remaining flour, then milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top cake batter with an even layer of peach slices, pressing the peaches slightly into the batter.
- In another large bowl, prepare crumb topping by mixing together 3 cups flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined. Pour cooled melted butter on top.
- With a large spoon or rubber spatula, gently lift the flour mixture from the bottom of the bowl to the top. Repeat until crumbs form. (Note: do not mix vigorously or overmix because mixture will turn to mush. It’s okay if not all the flour is incorporated.)
- 9. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over peaches and cake batter.
- Bake cake in top third of oven at 375°F for about 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the crumb topping starts to darken before cake is done baking, cover the top loosely with aluminum foil and continue baking.