Margarita Cake with Tequila Frosting
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 3 egg whites
Zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 lime, halved and very thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Make cake: preheat oven to 350° and line a 9”-x-13” metal pan with parchment paper leaving at least a two-inch overhang on the two long sides. Grease with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, Duke’s Mayonnaise, egg whites, and lime zest and blend on medium-high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan and bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 28 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: in another large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter with half the powdered sugar until smooth. Add remaining powdered sugar, tequila, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and beat until fluffy.
- Assemble the cake: using the parchment overhang, remove cake from pan and place on a platter. Spread frosting evenly over the top. Top with lime slices and lime zest and serve