Fresh Spring Rolls
Starters & Snacks
Colorful, refreshing and surprisingly easy to make, this fresh spring roll recipe pairs traditional Vietnamese spring rolls with an irresistible, creamy peanut dipping sauce made with Duke’s Mayonnaise to bring the dish to a new level. Full of crisp vegetables, fresh herbs, tender shrimp, and delicate rice noodles, spring rolls make a great appetizer or lunch. Feel free to get creative with your roll fillings. Ingredients like bean sprouts, lettuce, snow peas, avocado, fresh basil, mint, cooked pork or chicken, tofu and bell pepper are all great additions.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 green onions, finely chopped
- 8 clear, edible rice paper sheets
- 1/2 lb. cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp, shopped if desired
1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cooked rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until use.
- Dip a sheet of rice paper wrapper into a pan of warm water until rehydrated, about 5 seconds. Lay on a clean, flat work surface.
- Lay a small amount of shrimp, carrot, cabbage, vermicelli and cilantro down the middle of the rice paper sheet.
- Carefully roll the spring roll burrito-style, tucking in the sides, and folding the closes part of the rice paper towards the opposite end. Use caution when rolling, if rolled to tightly the spring roll will split.
- Place completed spring rolls on a plate, serve immediately with dipping sauce.