Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
Deviled eggs meet pasta salad in this summertime staple. Serve it at your next cookout and kill two birds with one southern side.
- 12 eggs (hardboiled)
- 8 oz pasta (cooked)
3/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
2 tbs Duke’s Spicy Ground Mustard
- 1/8 tsp (smoked optional) paprika (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup pickle juice (or vinegar)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup diced shallot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt & pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
Add eggs to a large pot. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover & allow to set for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to ice bath until completely cooled.
- While working on eggs, cook 8oz pasta to al dente. Drain, & rinse with cool water. Set aside for now.
- Peel eggs & cut in half lengthwise. Separate whites and yolks.
- Mash yolks in a large bowl with fork. Add 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise, 1 tbs Duke’s Spicy Ground Mustard, & 1/8 tsp (smoked) paprika & whisk together until smooth.
- Save enough of this mixture to fill 3-4 halves of your egg whites for deviled egg garnish (if desired)
- To continue onto making dressing- mix in remaining 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining 1 tbs Duke’s Spicy Ground Mustard, pickle juice or vinegar, green onion, shallot, garlic, salt & pepper. Taste and adjust to preferences.
- Chop whites of eggs & fold in with cooled pasta, & most of your chives (save some for garnish)
- Garnish with (optional) filled deviled eggs, chives, & (smoked) paprika.