Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Starters & Snacks
Smooth and deliciously creamy mashed potatoes are the ultimate classic, comforting side dish. However, not all mashed potatoes are created equal. To get the fresh, flavorful taste and perfect, fluffy consistency, they’ve got to be homemade. The good news is homemade doesn’t have to be hard. This recipe is inexpensive and easy to make, uses only four ingredients, and is guaranteed to yield delectable, delightful, creamy, perfect mashed potatoes. Pairing smooth and creamy texture with perfect buttery flavor, these melt-in-your-mouth spuds will tie any meal together with ease.
- 5 lbs. peeled and quartered Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes rinsed in cold water
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Add potatoes to large pot of boiling water and cook for 30 minutes or until fork goes through potato easily.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup potato water.
- Mash potatoes with a hand masher and alternate adding softened butter and Duke’s Mayonnaise. Add reserved water if needed to thin texture (optional).
- Season with freshly ground pepper and salt as desired.