Apple and Celery Turkey Burgers with Lemon Aioli
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green apple
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Light Mayonnaise with Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 brioche buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and brown (about 15 minutes). Transfer the onion to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- Heat another tablespoon of the vegetable oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and apple and cook until softened (about 4-6 minutes). Transfer to a bowl and add the turkey, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 5 minutes and then flip and cook for 5 minutes more, or until no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- When burgers have cooked through, transfer to a plate. Brush plain mayonnaise onto each cut-side of the buns and place face down on the skillet for about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the top halves of the buns and then set the turkey patties on the bottom halves of the buns. Top with caramelized onions, close the burgers and serve.